What Every Sacramento Resident Should Know About Roof Rat Control
December 15, 2022 - Rats
As a Sacramento resident, you know that rats can be a huge problem. That's why it's important to understand how to get rid of them. Roof rats are common pests in this area and are more likely than other types of rats to take up residence inside your home. Since roof rat control is not easy, it's important to prepare when dealing with these rodents. Here are some tips for roof rat pest control in Sacramento.
How To Identify A Roof Rat Infestation In Your Home
If you find signs of a roof rat infestation in your home, it is important to take action quickly. Here are some things to look out for:
- Signs of nesting – If you see materials such as shredded paper or cloth in areas where you would not normally find them.
- Damage done by chewing – Roof rats are known chewers who will gnaw on items like wood and wires if given a chance.
- Running and hiding – If you see rats running around at night, keep an eye on them. Roof rats are nocturnal animals that will be more active after sunset than during the day.
If you have seen these signs of roof rats, they may be nesting in or near your home. It is time to start looking into control options. EcoTech Pest Management can help you find the nest.
The Dangers Roof Rats Bring To Properties
Roof rats are not just a nuisance. They can cause damage to your property. If a roof rat infestation occurs in your attic, the rats can chew through electrical wires and gnaw on wood beams or other structural elements, causing damage to your home.
Roof rats also pose a threat to pets and children because they may carry diseases they can transmit through bites or contact with contaminated feces or urine. Diseases rats carry include:
- Rat-bite fever
If you think you have an infestation and need rat control services, contact EcoTech Pest Management for a free inspection. We can identify the source of your rat problem and help you develop an effective solution that will protect your home or business from future infestations.
Effectively Deterring Roof Rats Around Your Home
In order to effectively deter roof rats around your home, it's important to keep the following tips in mind:
- Keep a lid on your trash can to prevent rats from getting into the garbage and spreading diseases.
- Keep your yard free of food and water sources, including pet food.
- Remove any access points into your attic via vent pipes (which should always be capped off securely with special caps), light fixtures, or other openings.
- Check your foundation and walls for gaps.
The Safest Way To Get Rid Of Roof Rats On Your Property
If you want to know how to get rid of roof rats safely, you should contact the professional technicians at EcoTech Pest Management. We have access to tools and techniques unavailable to the average homeowner. We also have the experience to handle these pests safely and ensure they don't return.
Roof rats are difficult to get rid of because they reproduce quickly and learn quickly as well. They'll come back again if you don't remove their food source, and once they've established themselves in an area, it's nearly impossible to get rid of them entirely without professional help from someone who knows what they're doing (like us!). Don't hesitate to contact us if you have a roof rat problem. We'll take care of the problem quickly and safely.