Sacramento's Termite Control Guide
March 15, 2023 - Termites
Sacramento has been struggling with termites for a long time, and that problem will not be going away anytime soon. Termites are a growing problem all over the United States. Termites can enter your house unseen and then establish a colony. Termites may stay inside the walls of your home for years before you discover them, and by the time you know what’s going on, they may have caused a great deal of damage. Termites are difficult to address using DIY methods, which can leave you frustrated as the termite infestation continues.
If termites have made a move on your house, you need to move to the phone and call EcoTech Pest Management. We are the best termite company near you, and we know all about pest control in Sacramento.
Signs Of Termites On Your Sacramento Property
Termites are serious business, and they can do a lot of damage to your home. Early identification of termite infestations is critical. Here are some ways to tell if termites might be present:
- Misaligned windows and doors. Termites damage structures, which can cause shifting.
- Wood damage. Termites sometimes feed on wood where visible damage can be seen.
- Blistering paint. Termites can cause damage underneath paint, allowing it to bubble up.
- Wings. Termites will sometimes swarm, and can leave shed wings everywhere inside.
- Holes in walls and wallpaper. Termites may chew holes while boring their tunnels.
- Actual termites. These usually appear as a swarm of termites in your house.
Some of these signs are more obvious, but all of these signs may mean that you have a termite problem. When you have termite problems, you need termite treatments. EcoTech Pest Management stands ready to help. Contact us today, and we will immediately come to help you with termite removal.
Factors That Attract Termites To Your Home
Here are some reasons that termites may be attracted to your home:
- Brushpiles. Tree and bush trimmings piled on the ground readily attract termites.
- Fire wood. If firewood is sitting on the ground, termites will think it’s a buffet.
- Rotting wood. If water is getting behind wood on your house, termites will too.
- Scrap lumber. Leaving lumber out in the yard can quickly attract termites.
- Landscaping timbers. Untreated landscaping just begs for termites to come.
- Mulch. You think it’s petty; termites think it’s pretty tasty.
These are some of the ways that termites can be attracted to your house. If you have a termite problem, you need to call EcoTech Pest Management. We know how to get rid of termites.
Natural Ways To Make Your Home Less Attractive To Termites
Because there are many different ways that termites will infest your home, here are some tips to help discourage them:
- Clean up your yard. Removing tree and brush clippings can decrease termite risks.
- Elevate firewood. Getting firewood off the ground eliminates a huge draw for termites.
- Maintain your house. Getting rid of rotting wood and leaks reduces chances of termites.
- Store lumber in protected areas. Keep lumber out of the elements and off the ground.
- Consider landscaping: Be economical with mulch and only use treated wood outside.
These tips can help decrease your risks of having to deal with termites around your property, but they may still come anyway. If that happens, EcoTech Pest Management can help. Call us today for help with termites.
Call The Professionals At The First Sign Of Termites In Your Home
Termite infestations can develop quietly and grow for years before you find them. When that happens, you need professional pest control immediately. DIY pest control methods are ineffective, and, if infestations continue, the damage to your home can grow worse. EcoTech Pest Management professionals have a long history of getting rid of termite infestations, and we want to bring that history of success to you. Call us today, and let us help you with termites.