Are You Ready For Sacramento's Bed Bug Prevention Month?
June 15, 2022 - Bed Bugs
If you have ever suffered from sleepless nights, you are already aware of the turmoil that a bed bug infestation can cause. In fact, bed bug infestations increase people's paranoia, insomnia, and anxiety, drastically reducing their quality of life. As one of the best reasons for professional pest control in Sacramento, bed bugs can also cause allergic reactions in children. Read on to learn how to prevent these horrible pests and how EcoTech Pest Management can help you be bed bug free today!
Signs You Could Be Dealing With Bed Bugs
If you are the victim of a bed bug infestation, a few distinctive signs will be present in your home. Below are the most common identifying signs of bed bugs:
- Feces: If there are any bed bugs in your home, there will be bed bug feces. Tiny and dark in color, some say they resemble pepper kernels and will be found anywhere the bed bugs are hanging out.
- Eggs and shed skins: Bed bugs are prolific breeders (one of the reasons you need professional help for effective bed bug control). You will likely stumble across little white eggs, as well as shed skins, as once the nymphs hatch; they molt as they grow into adults.
- Bloodstains: Check your bedding regularly. If you notice bloodstains, this could be because bed bugs are biting you at night, causing you to bleed.
- Foul odor: You may smell the bed bugs before you see them. This odor is very strong and musty, and some describe it as offensive.
At the first sign of a bed bug infestation, call a professional. Don't waste your time and money on over-the-counter products that won't exterminate your infestation entirely.
Five Tips To Keep Bed Bugs Away From Your House
For the most effective bed bug control, a professional is essential. They can help you implement prevention strategies that are unique to your home. However, generally speaking, here are five things everyone can do daily to help prevent bed bugs from invading:
- Be cautious of where you set your bags. If you are out and about, be careful where you put your bags down. Avoid placing them on carpets and furniture, as you could be unknowingly giving a free ride to bed bugs that way.
- Use mattress covers. A good mattress cover will stop bed bugs from burrowing into your mattress.
- Wash your bedding and clothes regularly. Don't just do laundry; make sure the water is hot and the dryer settings are set to high, as this will kill any existing bed bugs hiding out in your linens.
- Vacuum regularly. Another easy way to prevent bed bugs from settling in is by spending extra time vacuuming around your furniture and beds, as this will suck up any that have somehow gotten inside.
- Don't bring used furniture indoors. One of the easiest ways to get a bed bug infestation is to bring in used furnishings, especially if you don't know where it came from. Bed bugs easily hide in the cushions and upholstery, and you could unknowingly be welcoming them into your home.
If you are worried about your home's risk of a bed bug infestation, call a professional. They can help you figure out what you need to do specifically to avoid having to experience the grossness of these pests.
Professional Bed Bug Control For Bed Bug Prevention Month
For the best professional pest control in Sacramento, call EcoTech Pest Management! We take Bed Bug Prevention Month very seriously, as we care deeply about the mental health and well-being of Sacramento residents. With 34 years of experience, our expert technicians show up to every appointment armed with the skills and tools needed to safely and effectively exterminate entire bed bug infestations. Not only do we use environmentally-friendly treatments, but we also offer 24/7 emergency services because we understand that pests wait for no one. If bed bugs are taking away your beauty sleep, give us a call, and we will help you get it back!