How To Completely Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Sacramento Home
February 14, 2022 - Bed Bugs
Perhaps one of the worst types of pests that can invade our Sacramento homes is the bed bug. It’s one thing to have rodents in your attic, spiders in your garage, or termites in your walls, but to have a pest so intimately invade your personal space is enough to send chills down anyone’s spine. Read on to learn where these pests hide in your home and how EcoTech Pest Management can provide you with top-tier bed bug control in the Sacramento area today.
All The Places Bed Bugs Can Hide In Your House
Unfortunately for us, bed bugs are so tiny that they can hide almost anywhere, making them hard to track down and eliminate. Below are the places you can find bed bugs hanging out:
- Mattresses and box springs: Not surprisingly, you may find bed bugs hiding in your bed. They will be inside the mattress and box spring during the day and come out at night to feed on your blood while you are sleeping.
- Furniture cushions: Your couches and chairs are also just as good a hiding spot as your bed. Bed bugs can regularly be found buried in the cushions and within the fabric of your furniture’s frames.
- Bags and clothes: If you have bags and clothes that are on the floor or other carpeted surfaces, bed bugs will crawl into them and take shelter there as well.
Because there are so many places bed bugs will hide in your home, the best thing you can do once you identify a bed bug infestation is to call an expert in bed bug control.
The Problems A Bed Bug Infestation Can Create In Your Home
Bed bugs may be small, but the terror they can inflict on their feeding hosts can be severe. They are capable of causing many problems and are considered a public health issue by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Below are some of the issues bed bugs can cause to you and your home:
- Allergic reactions: Bites from bed bugs can cause allergic reactions in people. These reactions can be mild, ranging from an inflamed, itchy bite to anaphylaxis shock, which is severe and can be deadly without medical intervention.
- Mental health consequences: Because bed bugs crawl on people’s skin in order to feed, this can lead to severe anxiety and even insomnia, which ultimately worsens the anxiety caused by bed bugs biting you and leaving itchy bumps.
- Secondary skin infections: Bed bug bites can also cause flare-ups of secondary skin infections, such as impetigo, ecthyma, and lymphangitis.
Why DIY Bed Bug Control Is A Waste Of Time And Money
If you have found bed bugs in your Sacramento home, don’t try and get rid of them yourself. Over-the-counter products are useless at exterminating entire bed bug populations, and DIY methods can be dangerous to you and your pets. Bed bugs are incredibly difficult to get rid of for the following reasons:
- Resilience: Like cockroaches, bed bugs are capable of surviving almost anything, including the chemicals from the products you bought at the store.
- You don’t kill them all: You have to locate and kill every bed bug and bed bug egg present in your home to eliminate the infestation.
- Fast reproduction rates: Like rodents, bed bugs are prolific breeders that constantly reproduce. If a few bed bugs escape your DIY method, the problem will be back in full force in no time.
Some of the tips listed for natural pest control for bed bugs are not only ineffective but can also be dangerous for you and your pets, making it even more important for you to seek out the best professional help for bed bug control.
The Secret To Total Bed Bug Control For Your Home
To totally control a bed bug infestation in your home, you need a professional. Here at EcoTech Pest Management, we have over 34 years of experience safely and effectively eliminating entire bed bug infestations from Sacramento homes. Without a doubt, we are the best bed bug pest control near you. Our technicians are armed with the skills, tools, and knowledge to locate every single insect all across your house and exterminate them, making sure they do not continue to reproduce. With customer satisfaction at the center of our operation, we utilize eco-friendly products to ensure your home remains safe, clean, and pest-free. If bed bugs have invaded your home, don’t let them negatively affect your sleep and mental health — call us today!